Wednesday 5 September 2012

Morning after a gain

Well I spent most of the night and a large part of this morning dwelling on last nights gain (a whopping 2.5 lbs- ouch). I hadn't been to group for two weeks, was expecting a decent loss and was genuinely shocked when I saw what it said on the scales.

At first, I put it down to the fact I twisted my knee and haven't been able to exercise or even move about much but as night turned to dawn I realised that I had been my own saboteur over the past couple of weeks. Yes, I had been suffering from Syn Complacency. I had stopped counting that little bit of salad dressing, those half syn yoghurts, that extra glass of wine... And my god does it add up over two weeks!

So, lesson learned and time to move on...

Breakfast was my favourite Slimming World friendly fruit platter: Nectarine, red delicious apple, apricots, banana & grapes. All fresh and juicy- a great start to the day and very filling!

For lunch, I enjoyed a rather large bowl of Spicy Red Lentil Dahl soup. What a fabulous kick it had to it. It's made by the farm shop that has a stall outside group.

I made a massive veggie chilli for dinner packed with oodles of superfree vegetables & served it with paprika and garlic sweet potato wedges. This was the first time I've made the wedges this way and it was deemed a success all round.

Here's the insanely simple recipe:

Serves 4
Free on Green & Extra Easy

Ingredients:
3 sweet potatoes
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons paprika
Frylight

1) Chop the sweet potatoes into wedges.

2) Coat wedges in Frylight.

3) Put the garlic salt & paprika in a large mixing bowl, add the wedges and mix until evenly coated in the garlic salt & paprika.

4) Cook at 200C for 30 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. I was very excited by the sweet potato wedges- the photo doesn't do them justice!

    ReplyDelete