Friday 7 September 2012

What's your favourite treat ever?

I've spent a glorious day in the sunshine with my baby boy & my dad. Spent the morning in the park then, the highlight of the day, a pub lunch.

Breakfast was a chocolate feast (it is Friday after all) which consisted of 2 Rocky Road Hi Fi Light bars (healthy extra B) with a peach & an apricot thrown in for good measure.

I'm so determined to lose that pesky weight I put on this week that it really wasn't a struggle to make sensible choices when perusing the menu at the Potters Heron. I opted for a Feta cheese salad and asked for the lemon & herb dressing to be served on the side. The salad was substantial and very enjoyable and I counted the Feta as a HE A choice. I only wish I'd taken a photo as the presentation was pretty impressive but in my eagerness to dive in, I forgot.

I declined dessert (go me!) but I did enjoy a glass of wine for 8.5 syns. Like I said, it's Friday...

Now for the HUGE excitement of my slimming world day. I've discovered a new snack: frozen banana. It's unbelievably sweet and creamy and tastes JUST like a good quality banana ice cream. I don't know why I never thought to try this before.

FROZEN BANANA:

1) Peel the banana
2) Place whole banana in a freezer bag or wrap in cling film.
3) Leave overnight to freeze
4) Remove from freezer & eat straight away like an ice lolly (I did feel it looked a little rude though but that's probably just my dirty mind ;-) )

The easiest, tastiest snack on this earth and totally syn free!

So after discovering that gem, I got to wondering what everyone else's favourite low or syn free treats were? What else have I been missing out on? Please let me know via Twitter @amy8n or else comment below.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I read about frozen bananas all the time. I really do have to get round to trying one!

    ReplyDelete