Thursday 13 September 2012

Finally tried Smash pizza!

I won't bore you with the details of breakfast but suffice to say it was my usual fruit platter.

For lunch I had roasted red pepper and butternut squash soup which, if I'm honest, wasn't particularly tasty and didn't really fill me up either. Still, it's always good to try something new. I quickly followed the soup with a couple of hi-fi light bars.

I've heard so many good things about the famous Slimming World syn free Smash pizza that I decided I really must see what all the fuss is about. There are variations of the recipe all over internetland but this is my version:

Smash pizza:

125g Smash (or instant mash)
1 clove garlic, peeled & chopped
2 teaspoons dried oregano

1) Mix the Smash, garlic & oregano with 250ml cold water until it forms a dough.

2) Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.

3) Flatten the dough into a pizza shape, approx 1 cm thick.

4) Bake at 190 for 15 mins, turn pizza over & bake for a further 15 mins on the other side

5) Top with tomato purée, HEA cheese and toppings of your choice.

6) Bake for 10 minutes.

It makes 1 large pizza or 2 small pizzas and is great served with a salad.

I'm currently working on a syn free salad dressing- it's good but not quite there but I hope to be able to post the recipe in tomorrows blog.

1 comment:

  1. How do you get so much time to cook with a baby? I've a 12 month old daughter and I never get any time to cook. I'm also jealous of your son sleeping, my daughter is currently going through a phase where she's up 3 or 4 times a night, it's very draining and I don't know why she's reverted to being like this, she has slept through the night previously. Ho hum. Love the recipes, maybe when said child is about 5 I might actually get to cook :)

    ReplyDelete