Tuesday 11 September 2012

Weigh in day & 2 minute lasagne

My baby boy woke up screaming twice last night (first time in months!) so just a light breakfast for me this morning. My lovely hubby brought me breakfast in bed which consisted of cherries, an apple and a banana.

I had Chilli Super Speed soup for lunch which is a mix of beans and vegetables. It's SO filling that after an enormous bowlful I don't need anything else.

It's weigh in tonight so I made some peach and passion fruit scan bran muffins. This is an adaptation of a recipe I was given a couple of weeks ago. They are super simple to make.

Muffins:

1) Soak 5 scan bran in water & leave for 3 mins. Drain liquid away & mash scan bran.
2) To the scan bran, add 2 eggs, 4 tablespoons of Splenda, 3 teaspoons on vanilla essence & two Shape Delight 0% yoghurts of your choice.
3) Mix together, pour into muffin cases & bake at 190 for 30 minutes.

I used peach & passionfruit flavour today for a change but I think the strawberry flavour are the absolute best to use in this recipe. They taste absolutely divine, exactly like jam roly poly.

For tonight I've made a Lazy Girls Veg Lasagne- such a simple recipe & ready to go in the oven in just two minutes. As it uses raw vegetables, all of the cooking takes place in the oven freeing up your time to do something more interesting. I've tweaked my recipe slightly over recent weeks & this is the tastiest- and quickest- version.

Some of you have asked for this recipe previously and I apologise for not sending it out sooner but here it is:

Lazy Girls Veggie Lasagne
(Syn free, 1 HEA per serving: serves 2)

Ingredients:
Packet of preprepared mixed vegetables of choice (uncooked)
500g passata with garlic & onion
1 tablespoon Dried oregano
6 lasagne sheets
Small tub of Total 0% Greek yoghurt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
60g grated mature cheddar

1) Mix the vegetables with the passata & oregano.
2) Place 3 lasagne sheets on the bottom of lasagne dish.
3) Pour the vegetable mix over lasagne sheets.
4) Place remaining lasagne sheets on top.
5) Mix the nutmeg into the yoghurt pot.
6) Spoon the yoghurt mixture evenly over the lasagne sheets.
7) Top with cheese.
8) Cook at 200 for 45 mins to 1 hour.

It makes 2 massive portions but would easily serve 4 with a side salad and perhaps a slice of garlic bread if you can spare the syns.

Please do let me know what you think of the recipe @amy8n






No comments:

Post a Comment