Wednesday 12 September 2012

Weigh in last night: Lost FOUR lbs!!

I've been feeling very motivated today after the shocking revelation at Slimming World last night that I'd lost 4lb. It sure makes up for that nasty gain last week. I was presented with my 1 stone award but I've actually lost 24lbs in total as I lost 10 with Slimming World Online before I joined group. Group is definitely the way forward by the way.

I was already walking on air when I arrived last night as I was wearing a size 12 skirt I hadn't worn for 2 years. This is something of a milestone considering that the week I joined Slimming World I turned up miserable and in size 16 jeans.

So on with today's food! Breakfast was my usual fruit platter. I was most disappointed to discover that the new punnet of doughnut peaches are devoid of juice and flavour just like the previous one. Is the doughnut peach season over? I do so hope not!

I had half of a penne arrabiata Pasta 'n' Sauce from Asda with a side salad.
This is my Pasta 'n' Sauce all time fave and of course it's ready to eat in about 6 minutes which is a bonus.

I'm very excited about dinner tonight as I'm trialling a new recipe: Aubergine Bake served with stuffed pepper & hasselback potatoes.

AUBERGINE BAKE recipe:

1 aubergine
3 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tin chopped tomatoes
30g mature cheddar

1) Put the tomatoes in a pan along with the garlic & paprika. Stir well.

2) Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.

3) Meanwhile cut the aubergine into 1cm thick rounds & griddle for 3 minutes on each side.

4) In an individual ovenproof serving dish, spoon in some of the tomato sauce so the bottom of the dish is covered.

5) Place a layer of aubergine on the bottom of the dish, cover with more sauce, add another layer of aubergine & finish with a layer of sauce. Top with 30g mature cheddar (healthy extra A).

6) Bake in oven at 190 for 15 minutes.

Well it was delicious and really quite rich so I won't be needing much more tonight. Well, maybe just a Shape Delight Rhubarb crumble yoghurt...






2 comments:

  1. The carnivore's alternative of haddock goujons was delicious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds gorgeous! An aubergine is going on my shopping list this week!

    ReplyDelete