Thursday 6 September 2012

Resistance is futile. Or is it..?

Well, I'm feeling really rather proud of myself today in a Slimming World kind of way. Went to the Holiday Inn for a coffee this morning with my dad and my baby boy. Hadn't been there for an absolute age but we were greeted straight away by the lovely Tina who couldn't believe how grown up my son is now. He's 13 months going on 21... Anyway, she rather kindly brought us out a selection of cookies- on the house. Of course, my favourite double choc chip was there in abundance but as I couldn't be sure how many syns there were (hundreds probably) I left them for my dad & Angus to demolish- which they dutifully did!

The thing is I didn't even find it difficult to refuse the biscuits and I was happy to watch others enjoy them. Quick pause while I polish my halo...

Breakfast:

My usual fruity breakfast of nectarine, peach, grapes & apricots. I know it's probably a bit dull but I love fruit & it seems to fill me up until lunch.

I don't want to bore you all to tears with the same old breakfast day in, day out so from next week I'll be mixing it up a bit and experimenting with new recipes- yay!

Lunch:

Chilli Super Speed soup which I bought from the farm shop that visits our Slimming World group each week. It's really yummy and filling and you get a huge bowlful for only £2. So much easier than having to make it myself from scratch!

Dinner:

I made a spicy veggie shepherds pie with the remnants from last nights chilli. I just topped the chilli with garlic & mustard mash and shoved it in the oven for 25 minutes. Simples!

For the mash I just added half a teaspoon of garlic salt & a teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Luscious!

I served the shepherds pie with garlic roast potatoes and a mountain of vegetables: Carrot, courgette, leek & broccoli. I won the veggies in the raffle at group this week. Did I mention that?

The roasties were really easy to make:
1) Cut new potatoes in half & coat with Frylight.
2) In a bowl, mix with 2 teaspoons of garlic salt until evenly coated.
3) Roast in the oven at 190 for 45 minutes.

Garlic salt is my new favourite ingredient. The salt helps crisp the potatoes and the garlic adds that delicious flavour. Nom.

The meal was polished off with a couple of glasses of an Aussie Shiraz- well worth the syns!

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment