Monday 27 October 2014

Day 1/10 of the Mindful diet

Woke up feeling fab & rested after our cruise, full of energy & excited about the brand new 'diet' I'm starting today.

First off, we've been told absolutely nothing is banned- we can eat & drink absolutely whatever we want. Great! Except that's what I've pretty much been doing for the last 10 months, hence the 2 stone weight gain & why I'm here starting over again. Of course, there's a catch!

The catch is that before we put anything at all in our mouths we need to ask ourselves: 
~ Am I hungry?
~ What do I want to eat?
~ How is it going to make me feel?
~ What am I trying to achieve?

Not so easy after all but I can see where our lovely coach/ trainer is going with this. We need to step back and think about what we're doing, the consequences and the impact it will have on our goals. 

We also get a daily 10 minute exercise routine to do. My bum & hamstrings already feel stiff but it was fun, I pushed myself & my little boy joined in too.

At the end of Day 1 I'm feeling hopeful this could make a difference.

My day in food:

3* ryvitas topped with Philidelphia Lightest & banana

Home made vegetable soup (made using my souper duper soup maker).
Slice of wholemeal bread (fresh from bakery & nothing's banned, right) with olive spread.

2*  Haribo Starmix mini bags 

Home made vegetable curry with steamed jasmine rice.

Grapes & yoghurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment